Rodney R. Sylvan, 89 - January 06, 2013Rodney R. Sylvan, 89, of Colorado, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Sunday, Jan. 6,2013, at Porter Hospice in Centennial, CO.
A memorial service will take place at the Littleton Elks Lodge on Wednesday, Jan. 16, at 2 p.m.
Sylvan was born Jan. 25,1923, on a farm northwest of Gothenburg, the son of Elias and Ella Sylvan, formerly of Gothenburg.
He began his school years at Lindberg School followed by School District 89, and graduated from Gothenburg High School with the Class of 1941.
Sylvan moved to the Denver area, then served with the Army as a radio operator during World War II.
After serving with the Army, he then attended Denver University, graduating in 1951.
During the 1950s, he along with his parents, were owners and operators of the Gamble store on Main Street in Littleton. After selling the Gamble store, he remained in the Littleton area.
Survivors include: his wife, Nancy; sisters—LaVawn McLeland and Mary Lou (Duane) Pearce.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics