Ronald E. Franzen, 74 - December 18, 2012Ronald E. Franzen, 74, originally of Cozad, passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2012, at Arlington, TX.
Services will be conducted at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 22, at Pleasant Ridge Church of Christ, 6102 W. Pleasant Ridge Rd., in Arlington. Interment will take place at Emerald Hills Memorial Park at Kennedale.
A visitation will be Friday, Dec. 21, at Wade Family Funeral Home, 4140 W. Pioneer Parkway in Arlington, with family present from 6 to 8 p.m.
Franzen was born June 3, 1938, at Cozad, to Karl F. and Viola Rowan Franzen.
He was a member of Pleasant Ridge Church of Christ in Arlington.
Franzen was a ham radio operator and enjoyed traveling, woodworking, photography and antiques, according to family members.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 55 years, Patricia Ann Franzen on Nov. 20, 2012.
Survivors include: his daughters—Diane (Doug) Spearman, Debi (Daniel) Gontier, Cheryl (Rick) Vandegrift and Terri (James) Graham; a sister, Sharon (Larry) Wright; 16 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are suggested to the Medina Children’s Home, 21300 State Highway 16 N., Medina, TX.
- District 20 unveils new traffic pattern
- Gothenburg team takes 2nd at SGA in Lincoln
- In 13 years, Dawson County yet to issue first AMBER Alert
- Food Safety Law good for consumers, if it were funded
- Melons hang tough, fall short
- Classes will come together during all-school reunion
- Council declares husky vicious dog
- Nebraska ag land values down 2%