Lynn Merle Wahlgren, 59 - November 06, 2012Lynn Merle Wahlgren, 59, of Virginia, originally of Gothenburg, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012, in the company of family.
Services were conducted on Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Virginia Korean United Methodist Church at Suffolk, VA.
A burial, with full military honors, will take place in the spring of 2013 at Arlington National Cemetery.
Wahlgren was born at Gothenburg, son of the late Harry F. Wahlgren and Ruth D. Wahlgren.
He was a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY, received a masters degree in chemical engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, and honorably served with the U.S. Army for 20 years before retiring as a major in 1995.
Wahlgren later retired as a civil engineer from the City of Norfolk, VA.
He was known as a longtime suffering Dodgers fan, according to family members.
Wahlgren was preceded in death by: his parents, Harry and Ruth; a brother, William Wahlgren.
Survivors include: his wife of 34 years, June Kim Wahlgren; two daughters—Jennifer Kim Wahlgren and Leslie (Jon) Wahlgren Reynolds; a son, James Lynn Wahlgren; two brothers—Dr. Van (Kelly) Wahlgren, Col., U.S. Army (ret), and Wesley (Shirley) Wahlgren.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics