Edna Maurer, 100 - October 03, 2012Edna Earle Maurer, 100, of Gothenburg, Nebraska, died October 3, 2012 at Hilltop Estates.
Visitation will be held at from 1 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel, Gothenburg.
Services will be held at American Lutheran Church, Friday, Oct. 5, at 10 a.m. with the Rev. Tom Wilson and Lonna Grabenstein PMA, officiating.
Interment will follow in the Peckham Cemetery.
She was born February 10, 1912 in Gothenburg, daughter of Robert and Grace (Aunspaugh) Davis.
She graduated from Gothenburg High School, class of 1931. She taught school at District 81R for three years and married Collis Maurer on June 7, 1935. The couple had two boys, Richard and George.
They farmed in Lincoln county where they raised corn, pigs, cows, chickens and a garden. Maurer loved to cook, raise chickens, gardening and playing games. She was a member of the Union Aides Society and the American Lutheran Church.
Maurer was preceded in death by: husband, Collis H Maurer in 1981; son, George Maurer in 1998; her parents; four sisters, Helen Giboney, Jessie Davis, Opal Kicker, Dorothy Davis; two brothers Kenneth and Wyatt Davis.
Surviving are: her son Richard Maurer of Gothenburg; five grandchildren, and 13 great grandchildren along with many extended family.
Memorials may be given to the American Lutheran Church Kitchen Fund or Youth Groups, 1512 Avenue G, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar