L. Eunice Poole, 89 - September 09, 2012L. Eunice Poole, 89, of Ogallala passed away Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012, at the Indian Hills Manor Nursing Home in Ogallala.
Memorial services will be conducted at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 13, at the Gubser Funeral Chapel with the Rev. Eric Wait of New Hope Church officiating. Inurnment will take place at the Morning View Cemetery at Wallace at a later date.
Poole was born Dec. 4, 1922, daughter of Linus and Edna (Power) Bennett. She grew up and attended schools at Wallace.
On Jan. 31, 1938, she married LeRoy Holliday. He passed away in 1961.
She was united in marriage to Robert Poole on March 9, 1962. The couple resided at Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and returned to Nebraska in 1966.
?Poole was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, said family members.
?She was preceded in death by: her mother, Edna; her husband, Robert; brothers—Lyle, Bill and Maynard; an infant son.
?Survivors include: her son, Roger (Deb) Holliday of McNeal, AZ; daughters—Barbara Dishman of North Platte, Beverly Porter of Gothenburg, and Judy Krajewski of Ogallala; 12 grandchildren and 40 great-grandchildren.
A memorial has been established.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates