Timothy Austin, 58 - February 07, 2012
Timothy “Tim” Michael Austin, 58, of Gothenburg passed away Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2012, at Omaha.
Visitation will be held at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel, Gothenburg, Nebraska; from 2 to 8 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12.
Services will be held at Victory Assembly of God at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Feb. 13, the Rev. Mark Borchardt officiating.
Interment will follow at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Austin was born May 19, 1953, at Gothenburg, son of Charles McKinley and Lois Rose (Leitner) Austin.
He resided in Gothenburg his entire life and graduated from Gothenburg High School.
Austin was employed at a pet shop, and was a police dispatcher and sold real estate.
He was a member of the Lions Club. He enjoyed being at the lake and fishing, according to family members.
Austin was preceded in death by: his father, Charles McKinley Austin; a brother, Tommy Austin.
Survivors include: his mother, Lois Austin of Gothenburg; a brother, Terry (Mary) Austin of Chesterfield, MO; four nieces and nephews; extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the Gideons International, P.O. Box 133, Gothenburg, NE 69138; the Victory Assembly of God, 2611 Lake Ave., Gothenburg, NE 69138; Meals-On-Wheels, 410 20th St., Gothenburg, NE 69138.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC