Douglas Flynn, 53 - October 15, 2011
Douglas D. Flynn, 53, of Gothenburg died Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011, at Gothenburg.
Graveside services will be conducted on Thursday, Oct. 20, at 2 p.m. at the Farnam Cemetery at Farnam.
Flynn was born Aug. 19, 1958, at Lexington, son of Donzel and Mildred Flynn.
He resided at Lincoln for many years, then his family moved to the Farnam area. He attended school at Lincoln. He went to heavy equipment school in Salt Lake City, UT, where he learned to operate land leveling machines. He went to truck driving school in Hastings.
Flynn was employed as a trucker until his health declined. He enjoyed auto mechanic work and was a member of the Lancaster Antique Auto Club.
He also enjoyed drawing, fishing, wood working, painting pictures and writing as well as big machines, heavy equipment and semi trucks, according to family members.
Flynn was preceded in death by: his parents, Donzel and Mildred; grandfathers—John R. Flynn and Leonard Brown; grandmothers—Jenny Flynn and Hazel Brown; several aunts and uncles.
?Survivors include: his sisters—Jennie Irmer of Lincoln and Sheila Flynn of Gothenburg; four aunts—Ardith (Richard) Weber, Wilma (Clarence) Putnam and Elna Jean Bevard, all of Cozad, and Janice Bevard of Lincoln; an uncle, Kenneth L. Brown; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the Flynn family.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23