Robert Balliew, 98 - August 02, 2011
Robert L. Balliew, 98 of Loveland, CO, died on Aug. 2, 2011, at Good Samaritan Village in Loveland.
Services will be at Olinger Hampden Chapel, Denver, on Friday, Aug. 12, at 11 a.m. with visitation one hour prior to service. Interment to follow at Olinger Hamdpen Gardens with military honors.
Balliew was born in Albany, TX. He served in China during World War II with the 14th Air Force of the U.S. Army Air Corps. In 1950, he married Anna Lucille Delahunty, formerly of Gothenburg.
He was employed at Gates Rubber Company in Denver and retired after 30 years. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge 863 AF-AM, Moran, TX, and the York Rite Mason, Phoenix AZ. He was a long time member of the University Hills Baptist Church in Denver.
Balliew was preceded in death by: his parents, Jim and Sally Balliew; brothers, Henry and Horace; sisters, Anna Mae, Mattie, Lois and Marie.
He is survived by: his wife Anna Lucille Balliew: two sons—Robert E. (Elaine) Balliew of Loveland, CO., Patrick J. (Carolyn) Balliew of Ft. Collins, CO; five grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates