William Leahy, 38 - May 29, 2011
William “Willie” Leahy, 38, of Sparks, NV, formerly of Gothenburg, died Sunday, May 29, 2011, in his sleep at his home in Sparks.
Rosary was conducted on Thursday, June 2, and Mass of Christian Burial took place on Friday, June 3, at Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church of Gothenburg with the Rev. Don O’Brien officiating.
Leahy was preceded in death by: his grandparents—William and Carmeleta Leahy, Earl and Barbara Jorgensen and Mahlon and Nellie Smith.
Survivors include: his father, Mike (Molly) Leahy of Lexington; his mother, Sandy (Dick) Smith of Gothenburg; a brother, Jeremy (Alyssa) Leahy and children—Liam and Layla; step-sisters—Katie Skinner and Tina Goodenburger and children—Grace and Faith; step-brothers—Ryan Skinner, Torrey Smith and Taun (Aengle) Smith and children—Gauge and Tatum; a half-sister, Angela Meredith and children—Raul, Victoria and Miranda; special friends, Cody Doyle and Dave (Dawn) Watlers; numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- District 20 unveils new traffic pattern
- Gothenburg team takes 2nd at SGA in Lincoln
- In 13 years, Dawson County yet to issue first AMBER Alert
- Food Safety Law good for consumers, if it were funded
- Melons hang tough, fall short
- Classes will come together during all-school reunion
- Council declares husky vicious dog
- Nebraska ag land values down 2%