Lela Davis, 88 - May 30, 2011
Lela Davis, 88
She loved the farm life and all that went along with it
Lela Ellen Davis, 88, of Gothenburg, died May 30, 2011 in Gothenburg.
Services will be held at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel, at 10 a.m. on Thursday, June 2, with the Rev. Matt Coplen officiating. A private family burial will follow in the Fort McPherson National Cemetery, Maxwell.
Davis was preceded in death by husband Wyatt, her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Surviving are: daughters Sherry Davis-Gies of Ogallala and Penny (Jack) Holm of Cozad; six grandchildren, four great-grandchildren; one sister; one brother; sister-in-law Edna Maurer.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Hospital welcomes CFO
- Gothenburg drivers compete at Lincoln County Raceway
- No more bus parking on Avenue I because of safety
- Gothenburg welcomes new employee
- Swedes medal at state science meet
- BHS musicians earn highest rating at District IV contest
- Taxpayers get break for filing before deadline
- Swede girls win Brady/Gothenburg Invite