John Hehnke - March 28, 2011
John W. Hehnke of Juanita, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Monday, March 28, 2011, at the Grand Island Veterans Home.
Graveside services will take place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery on Friday, April 1, at 3 p.m. with the Rev. Matt Coplen officiating. Friends will be received at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Friday from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Hehnke was preceded in death by: his mother, Martha, in 1976; his father, John, in 1982; a brother, Gary in 1992.
Survivors include: his daughter, Jodi Tzirikidis; and numerous friends.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23