John Reed, 78 - March 08, 2011
John “Jack” Reed, 78, of Cozad passed away Tuesday, March 8, 2011, at Golden Living Care Center in Cozad.
Services took place Sunday, March 13, at Berryman Funeral Home Chapel of Cozad with Nathan Rhea officiating. Burial was at the St. John’s Lutheran Cemetery, northeast of Cozad.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Frank and Beulah; a grandson, Ryan Reed; son-in-law, Roger Pedersen; brother-in-law, Troy Hill.
Survivors include: his wife of over 59 years, Gail Reed of Cozad; two sons—John (Shelly) Reed of Cozad and Douglas (Kim) Reed of Seward; four daughters—Marcia Pedersen of Plattsmouth, Deb (Dennis) Meredith and Terri Hergenrader (Jim McAdams), all of Gothenburg, and Kim (Todd) Morse of Omaha; three brothers—Larry (Arlene) Reed of Lexington, Dennis (Barbara) Reed of Kearney and David (Joy) Reed of Bennington; two sisters—Shirley Hill and Linda Bonner, both of Kearney; an aunt, Della Courter of Lexington; special cousins—Bob (Nola) Reed of Lexington and Tom Reed of Sterling, CO; 16 grandchildren, 14 great-grandchildren; numerous other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.