Richard Nelsen, 75 - March 11, 2011
Richard “Dick” Nelsen, 75, of Cozad passed away Friday, March 11, 2011, at the Cozad Community Hospital.
A private family service took place on Tuesday, March 15, and a private burial was at the Cozad Cemetery.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Frederick and Thesnelda; a sister-in-law, Karma.
Survivors include: his wife of over 51 years, Mary Jo “Tina” Nelsen of Cozad; two sons—Greg (Mary) Nelsen of Callaway and Eric Nelsen of Arnold; a daughter, Jill (Scott) Breon of Cozad; brother, Bruce Nelsen of Cozad; sister, Liz (Ron) Johnson of Rapid City, SD; a brother-in-law, Tom (Evelyn) Thielen of Ames, IA; 11 grandchildren—Jake (Stephanie), Casey, Dalton, Tara, Nichole, Nathan and Jaiden Nelsen, Ian and Taylor Schmeeckle, and Luke and Nathan Breon; two great-grandchildren; numerous other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly