Leland Thorell, 79 - February 08, 2011
Leland Edison Thorell, 79, of Holdrege passed away Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2011, at the Christian Homes Care Community of Hold-rege.
Services were conducted at the Trinity Evangelical Free Church at Holdrege on Saturday, Feb. 12, with Wayne Carlson and the Rev. Murray Jones officiating. Interment was at the Moses Hill Cemetery at Phelps County.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Carl and Olga; his son-in-law, Don Scripter; a brother, Darrell Thorell; sister-in-law and husband, Ruby (Marvin) Quitmeyer.
Survivors include: his wife of 60 years, Shirley of Holdrege; four daughters—Linda (Phil) Miller of Bellevue, Karen (Jim) Swartz of Columbus, Diane Scripter of rural Holdrege, and Leann (Tim) Hock of Bertrand; nine grandchildren—Valerie (Troy) Luster of Germantown, MD, Eric (Heather) Miller of Highlands Ranch, CO, Kevin Swartz and Laura Hock, both of Lincoln, Brooke Scripter and Tracy Hock, both of Kearney, Brenda Scripter of rural Holdrege, Letty (James) Graff and Tertia (Michael) Cain, all of Fort Morgan, CO; seven great-grandchildren—Evelyn and Julia Luster, Hannah, Simon, Jacob, Rachel Graff and Lynden Cain; sister-in-law, Marie Thorell of Loomis; numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar