Alice Lake, 88 - January 12, 2011
Alice Lake, 88, of Leigh passed away Monday, Jan. 3, 2011, at Leigh.
Services took place Thursday, Jan. 6 at the Zion Lutheran Church of Leigh with the Rev. Terry Timm officiating. Interment was at the Zion Lutheran Cemetery.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Everett Lake; her parents, William and Frieda Bakenhus; five brothers—Lawrence, Elmer, Marvin, Ray and Arlo Bakenhus.
Survivors include: her daughter, Linda (Marlin) Rieck of Columbus; her sons—Larry (Shirley) Lake of Gothenburg, Loren Lake of Gretna, Roger (Linda) Lake and Mike Lake, all of Omaha; a sister, Eunice Postma of Columbus; sisters-in-law—Hilda Bakenhus of Columbus, and Virginia Reisdorff of Tulare, SD; brother-in-law, Harold Neemeyer of Columbus; granddaughters—Stacy (Dave) Westfall of Columbus, and Laurie Carter of North Platte; grandsons—Corey (Natalie) Rieck of Columbus, Jeffery Lake (Angela Miller) of Gothenburg, Corey Doan and Justin Doan, both of Omaha; six great-grandchildren.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.