Jerry V. Delahunty, 51 - January 03, 2011
Jerry V. Delahunty, 51, of Kearney, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, Jan. 3, 2011, at Good Samaritan Hospital from esophageal cancer.
Services will be Thursday, Jan. 6, at 11 a.m. at the Kearney Evangelical Free Church with the Rev. Mike Shields officiating. A private burial will take place at a later date at the Kearney Cemetery.
A visitation will be from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 5, at the Horner Lieske McBride & Kuhl Funeral Home, and one hour prior to services at the church.
He was preceded in death by: his father, Thomas; a sister-in-law, Sonia Delahunty.
Survivors include: his wife, Jody of Kearney; three daughters—Jessica Delahunty (fiancée Jomar Pika) of Lincoln, Jenna (Ryan) Lockhorn of Omaha, and Jaime of Kearney; a grandson, Isaiah of Kearney; his mother, Valetta Delahunty of Gothenburg; brother, Tom Delahunty of Gothenburg; a sister, Kathy (Jeff) Chambers of North Mankato, MN; father- and mother-in-law, Larry and Shirley Nelson of Gothenburg; brothers- and sisters-in-law—Kim and Scott Willis of Denver, Dirk and Stephanie Block of Omaha, Kent and Amy Sytsma of Elkhorn, and Bobbi Nelson of Omaha; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog