Charles Mac Austin, 83 - September 22, 2010
Charles “Mac” McKinley Austin, 83, of Gothenburg died Thursday, Sept. 16, 2010, at Gothenburg.
Services took place at the Victory Assembly of God Church on Tuesday, Sept. 21, with the Rev. Mark Borchardt officiating. Interment was at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Austin was preceded in death by: his parents, Charles and Blanche Austin; a son, Tommy; two brothers—Doug and Eugene.
Survivors include: his wife, Lois Rose Austin of Gothenburg; sons—Terry Austin of St. Louis, MO, and Tim Austin of Gothenburg; four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; a sister, Vernelle Austin.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout