Kenneth Gene Volkman, 57 - September 22, 2010
Kenneth Gene Volkman, 57, formerly of Lexington, passed away Sunday, Sept. 12, 2010, from injuries sustained in a fall at his home.
Memorial services took place Monday, Sept. 20, at the Smithfield North Stake Center. Interment was at the Smithfield City Cemetery will military honors.
Volkman was preceded in death by: his beloved daughter, Kaylee Ann; his father, Gene; a brother-in-law, Kenneth Wolf.
Survivors include: his wife, Beverly; his sons—Chase (Dawn Cooper), Trevor (Leilani Daines) and Zachary; his mother, Betty; a brother, David (Kathy); sisters—Jeanette Wolf and Darla (LaMonte) Schlake; parents-in-law, Leon and Marion Denton; sisters- and brothers-in-law—Audrie (Gordon) Goldsberry, Donna (Chris) Conner, Steven (Cathy) Denton, Helen (Jeff) Jeppsen and Gary (Roxie) Denton; numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout