Robert Douglas, 88 - August 11, 2010
Robert Norton Douglas, 88, of Kearney, formerly of Cozad, died Saturday, Aug. 7, 2010, at the Northridge Retirement Home in Kearney.
A memorial service was held Aug. 11 at the First United Methodist Church of Cozad with the Rev. Doug Smith officiating. A private family burial occurred at the Cozad Cemetery prior to the service.
Douglas was preceded in death by: his youngest son, David Michael; his parents, Elmer and Grace Douglas; a sister, Ellen Mary Kroh.
Survivors include: his wife of 57 years, Jean Douglas of Kearney; two sons—Scott (Linda) Douglas of Tilden, and Monte Allan (Pamela) Douglas of Richardson, TX; three grandchildren—Joel Robert (Meaghan) Douglas of Alexandria, VA, Katie Ann Douglas of Pittsburg, PA, and their mother, Kristie Rader of Lincoln, and John Michael Douglas of Tilden; great-granddaughter, Patricia Jean Douglas of Alexandria; numerous other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar