Delbert Allen Ballard, 81 - July 07, 2010
Delbert Allen Ballard, 81, of Gothenburg died Friday, July 2, 2010, at Hilltop Estates of Gothenburg.
Services will take place at the First United Methodist Church on Friday, July 9, at 1 p.m. with the Rev. Randall L. Dilts officiating. Interment will follow at Fort McPherson National Cemetery, south of Maxwell.
A visitation will be held at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Thursday, July 8, from 4-8 p.m. with the family present from 6-8 p.m.
Ballard was preceded in death by: his first wife, June; a daughter, Deborah; his parents; a brother, Earl; sister, Nadine.
Survivors include: his wife, Marge; a daughter, Janet (Tom) Boyd of Overton; step-son, Kent (Sandy) Ross of Cozad; step-daughter, Kathy (Scott) Maline of Kearney; eight grandchildren—Shawn (Kendra) Boyd of Gothenburg, Heidi (Dan) Wigley of New Zealand, Amber (Joey) Cochran of Kearney, Rhonni (Brandon) Wolf of Lexington, Brandon Ross of Kearney, Brooke Maline of Lincoln, Bret Maline of Los Angeles and Jaysie Ross of Kearney; great-grandchildren—Hannah and Alexis Boyd, Carter and Mackenzie Cochran and Hadlie Wolf.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC