Gene Richard France, 82 - July 07, 2010
Gene Richard France, 82, of Ogallala, formerly of Gothenburg, died Tuesday, June 29, 2010, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Services were took place Saturday, July 3, at Gubser Funeral Chapel with the Rev. Eric Wait of New Hope Church officiating. Burial was at the Ogallala Cemetery.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Kenneth and Martha; his wife, Shirley; a son, Douglas B. France; daughter, Susan K. O’Neill; a granddaughter, Tracy Teppen.
Survivors include: his daughter, Gayle (Howard) Hazelwood of Fort Worth, TX; his son, Robert (Brenda) France of Tucson, AZ; a brother, Leonard France of Gothenburg; sister, Delores Heuer of Ainsworth; grandchildren—Nicole (Chad) Puckett, Robyn Teppen, Robert (Jamie) Hazelwood, Renee (Christopher) Rodriquez, Jennifer France, Lee Ann Greenway, Nicholas France and Jeff O’Neill; eight great-grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates