Ruby Smith, 94 - June 02, 2010
Ruby Clarice Stephenson Smith, 94, passed away Wednesday, May 26, 2010, at Lincoln.
Services were held Saturday, May 29, at Roper and Sons Chapel with the Rev. David Lux officiating. Burial was at Ft. McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Smith was preceded in death by: her parents, Maurice and Bess; her husband, Chester L. Smith; a sister, Zella Mae Kieth; brother—Merle Stephenson and Fay Stephenson.
Survivors include: her daughters—Terry (Gary) Trego of North Platte and Allegra (Chuck) Penington of Lincoln; her son, Malcolm (Cindy) Smith of Elsmere; eight grandchildren—Ashley Penington, Logan Penington, Traci Dugan, Casey Trego and George Smith, Elizabeth Berkland, Sarah Smith and Chester Smith; sister, Joan O’Rourke; six great-grandchildren—Matthew and Mia Dugan, Carson and Chase Trego and Jay and Lynn Smith; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State