George Reynolds, 82 - January 31, 2007
George Wayne Reynolds, 82, of North Platte, died Friday, Jan. 26, 2007, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center at North Platte.
Services were held on Tuesday, Jan. 30, at Govier Brothers Chapel at Broken Bow. Burial was at the Broken Bow Cemetery.
Reynolds was born on Nov. 13, 1924, at Anselmo, second child of William Virgil and Nola Reynolds.
At an early age, he moved with his parents to Montrose, CO, where he attended school. In 1942, he moved back to the Milburn area where he helped his parents on the family farm.
He joined the United States Navy in June of 1944 and served as a gunner on the Liberty Ship in the Pacific. He was honorably discharged in June of 1946.
Reynolds was united in marriage to Florence Mae Olson on Sept. 23, 1946, at Broken Bow. The couple made their home at Broken Bow where he farmed and owned his own repair business.
In 1967, he and his family moved to North Platte where he continued working as a mechanic and retired from the Union Pacific Railroad in 1988.
He was preceded in death by: his wife, Florence; his parents, William and Nola; a brother, Vern.
Survivors include: four children—Gary (Cathy) Reynolds of Gothenburg, Connie (Dennis) Dailey of North Platte, Ron (Mary) Reynolds of Sutherland and Debbie (Larry) Hughes of Lincoln; ten grandchildren and ten great-grandchildren.
Memorials are suggested to the 20th Century Veteran’s Memorial at North Platte.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates