Evelyn Walter, 78 - February 28, 2007
Evelyn I. Walter, 78, of Cozad, died Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2007, at the Golden Living Care Center.
Services were held on Monday, Feb. 26, at the Berryman Funeral Home Chapel at Cozad with the Rev. Terry Pool officiating. Burial was at the Cozad Cemetery.
Walter was born on June 1, 1928, in Frontier County to Elmer and Ida Seybold Maret. She attended school in rural Frontier County.
On Nov. 18, 1947, she was united in marriage to Harvey E. Walter at Julesburg, CO. The couple made their home at Cozad throughout their entire married life.
Among her many hobbies, she enjoyed playing cards, fishing, gardening and camping, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Harvey in 2004; a brother, Merle; three sisters—Dorothy, Agnes, and Eunice; son-in-law, Larry Meester.
Survivors include: a son, Harvey (Cindy) Walter of Cozad; a daughter, Linda Meester of Cozad; two sisters—Faye Claflin of Cambridge and Beulah (Lawrence) Hall of Cozad; three grandchildren—Wyatt (Sandy) Meester, Becky (Kevin) Brooks and Heidi DeHarty; nine great-grandchildren—Nathaniel, Jessica, Cali, Raven, Sky, Sarah, Sonja, Donnie and Andrea.
Online condolences may be shared with the family at: berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23