Kenneth Eells, 85 - February 28, 2007
Kenneth Roy Eells, 85, of Center, TX, formerly of Gothenburg, died Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2007, at a Longview, TX, hospital.
Services were held Sunday, Feb. 25, at Watson and Sons Chapel at Center with the Revs. Ken Eells and Bruce Head officiating. Graveside services were held on Monday, Feb. 26, at Center Hill Cemetery at Oakhurst, TX.
Eells was born Feb. 25, 1921, at Gothenburg, to Roy J. Eells and Hala Granger Eells. He was raised on a farm southwest of Gothenburg where he attended a one-room schoolhouse for eight years.
He graduated from Gothenburg High School in 1939, then entered the United States Army Air Corps on Nov. 26, 1940. He was honorably discharged on Oct. 26, 1945.
Eells was united in marriage in January of 1944 to Gladys Barnes Hooker.
Survivors include: two sons—Harold Eugene (Margie) Hooker of Huntsville and Kenneth Wayne (Carolyn) Eells of Richmond, VA; grandchildren—Dennis Hooker of Hunt, David (Joann) Hooker of Spring, Linda (Jeffrey) Barecky of Kerrville, Shelley (Jason) Locke of Center, Wendy (Paul) Sundholm of Gettysburg, PA, and Jeremy (Angela) Eells of Hemphill; great-grandchildren—Laurel Hooker, Megan Hooker, Nicholas Barecky, Jacob and Emma Locke, Bailey and Dawson Eells, Joshua, Caleb, Micah and Moriah Sundholm; a brother, Bob (Loretta) Eells of Riverton, WY; brother-in-law, Joe Barnes of Huntsville; sister-in-law, Hester Barnes of Huntsville; numerous nieces, nephews.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar