Kenneth Eells, 85 - February 28, 2007
Kenneth Roy Eells, 85, of Center, TX, formerly of Gothenburg, died Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2007, at a Longview, TX, hospital.
Services were held Sunday, Feb. 25, at Watson and Sons Chapel at Center with the Revs. Ken Eells and Bruce Head officiating. Graveside services were held on Monday, Feb. 26, at Center Hill Cemetery at Oakhurst, TX.
Eells was born Feb. 25, 1921, at Gothenburg, to Roy J. Eells and Hala Granger Eells. He was raised on a farm southwest of Gothenburg where he attended a one-room schoolhouse for eight years.
He graduated from Gothenburg High School in 1939, then entered the United States Army Air Corps on Nov. 26, 1940. He was honorably discharged on Oct. 26, 1945.
Eells was united in marriage in January of 1944 to Gladys Barnes Hooker.
Survivors include: two sons—Harold Eugene (Margie) Hooker of Huntsville and Kenneth Wayne (Carolyn) Eells of Richmond, VA; grandchildren—Dennis Hooker of Hunt, David (Joann) Hooker of Spring, Linda (Jeffrey) Barecky of Kerrville, Shelley (Jason) Locke of Center, Wendy (Paul) Sundholm of Gettysburg, PA, and Jeremy (Angela) Eells of Hemphill; great-grandchildren—Laurel Hooker, Megan Hooker, Nicholas Barecky, Jacob and Emma Locke, Bailey and Dawson Eells, Joshua, Caleb, Micah and Moriah Sundholm; a brother, Bob (Loretta) Eells of Riverton, WY; brother-in-law, Joe Barnes of Huntsville; sister-in-law, Hester Barnes of Huntsville; numerous nieces, nephews.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23