Mildred Hines, 86 - April 04, 2007
Mildred Frances (Pohl) Hines, 86, of Gothenburg, died Thursday, March 22, 2007, at the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital Long-Term Care.
A family graveside service was held Wednesday, March 28, at the Gothenburg Cemetery with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating.
Hines was born on March 19, 1921, to Stephen J. and Birdie (Younghans) Pohl, on a family farm near Brady and grew up in Wild Horse Valley.
She received her education at Wild Horse Valley School and graduated from Brady High School in 1939.
On June 2, 1942, she married Arthur F. Hines at Newark. The couple made their home in Gothenburg and were married 63 years.
Hines was a member of the First United Methodist Church and the Gothenburg United Methodist Women. She enjoyed spending time with her family, sewing and cooking, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Stephen and Birdie; her husband, Arthur; sister, Doris Pohl Johnson; son-in-law, Dean Hueftle.
Survivors include: her daughter, Cheryl Hueftle of Gothenburg; two grandchildren—Dr. Stephanie (Dr. Jason) Vogel of Lincoln and Kelly (Faith) Hueftle of Holdrege; three great-grandchildren—Paetyn and Piper Vogel and Maximilian Hueftle; sister, Fern Johnson of Gothenburg; cousin, Lloyd (Billie) Pohl of Banning, CA.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar