Jean Ralston, 93 - April 25, 2007
Jean Ralston, 93, of Stockton, CA, formerly of Cozad and Brady, died Friday evening, March 9, 2007, at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Stockton.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. on Thursday, April 26, at Blase Memorial Chapel at Gothenburg with the Rev. Randy Dilts officiating.
Services were held on March 21 at the Chapel of the Palms Funeral Home in Stockton. Interment was at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Ralston was born on Jan. 7, 1914, at Brady, to Samuel (Dupree) and Jessie Johnston Ralston.
She grew up in Cozad and graduated from Cozad High School.
Ralston was a career educator and began teaching in 1935 at a country school in Nebraska, later teaching in Colorado and Prescott, AZ, before moving to Stockton in 1952.
She worked for Stockton Unified as a teacher, a reading specialist and then a principal. She continued to work on special projects for the district and volunteered at local schools after retiring at age 62.
?Ralston was a 48-year member of Chapter NH, P.E.O.
?She was preceded in death by: her parents, Samuel and Jessie; a brother and sister-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. John Ralston; several cousins including Hugh Ralston and Arch Trimble, both of Gothenburg.
Survivors include many friends and several cousins including Wally Trimble of Gothenburg.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates