Amy Davis, 95 - June 27, 2007
Amy C. Davis, 95, of Cozad, died Thursday, June 21, 2007, at the Golden Living Care Center in Cozad.
Services were held on Monday, June 25, at the First Church of the Nazarene with the Rev. Irwin Edwards and Jeremy Jech officiating. Burial was at the Cozad Cemetery.
Davis was born on Sept. 3, 1911, at Palmer, to Arthur and Orpha Cantrall Lake. She attended schools at Farnam and Brady.
In 1932, she married Howard Davis. During her lifetime, she had worked at Cozad restaurants and the Cozad hospital. She was also a Stanley Products dealer from 1992 to 2005.
She also did volunteer work at the care home and provided many lap robes that she made for the residents.
Davis enjoyed an extensive collection of salt and pepper shakers which totaled 432 sets.
She was a member of the First Church of the Nazarene.
Davis was preceded in death by: a son, Arthur; a daughter, LaDonna Brogan; two sisters—Mildred Franks and Zada Heine; two great-grandchildren.
Survivors include: her son, Leo (Neoma) Davis of Cozad; a daughter, Leah Mae Votruba of Cozad; two sisters—Nona Belle Hagen of Seward and Opal Magnuson of Lexington; 28 grandchildren, 45 great-grandchildren, three great-great-grandchildren; niece, Leona (Bob) Ottman of Kearney.
Memorials are suggested to Aseracare Hospice.
Online condolences may be shared at berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics