Amy Davis, 95 - June 27, 2007
Amy C. Davis, 95, of Cozad, died Thursday, June 21, 2007, at the Golden Living Care Center in Cozad.
Services were held on Monday, June 25, at the First Church of the Nazarene with the Rev. Irwin Edwards and Jeremy Jech officiating. Burial was at the Cozad Cemetery.
Davis was born on Sept. 3, 1911, at Palmer, to Arthur and Orpha Cantrall Lake. She attended schools at Farnam and Brady.
In 1932, she married Howard Davis. During her lifetime, she had worked at Cozad restaurants and the Cozad hospital. She was also a Stanley Products dealer from 1992 to 2005.
She also did volunteer work at the care home and provided many lap robes that she made for the residents.
Davis enjoyed an extensive collection of salt and pepper shakers which totaled 432 sets.
She was a member of the First Church of the Nazarene.
Davis was preceded in death by: a son, Arthur; a daughter, LaDonna Brogan; two sisters—Mildred Franks and Zada Heine; two great-grandchildren.
Survivors include: her son, Leo (Neoma) Davis of Cozad; a daughter, Leah Mae Votruba of Cozad; two sisters—Nona Belle Hagen of Seward and Opal Magnuson of Lexington; 28 grandchildren, 45 great-grandchildren, three great-great-grandchildren; niece, Leona (Bob) Ottman of Kearney.
Memorials are suggested to Aseracare Hospice.
Online condolences may be shared at berrymanfuneralhome.com.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater