Daniel Peterson, Sr., 73 - November 07, 2007
Daniel J. Peterson, Sr., 73, of North Plate and Jeffrey Lake, died Monday, Oct. 29, 2007, at the Nebraska Heart Institute in Lincoln.
Services were held on Friday, Nov. 2, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel at Gothenburg with the Rev. Donald O’Brien officiating. Burial took place at Ft. McPherson National Cemetery.
Peterson was born on Sept. 27, 1934, at Grand Forks, ND. He graduated from St. Mary’s High School in Bismarck, ND, and DU Law School.
He served in the U.S. Air Force and retired as a lieutenant colonel from the Air National Guard. After retiring from the Federal Aviation Administration, he continued a private practice in aviation law.
Peterson resided in North Platte and Brady. He also resided at Mesa, AZ, during winters.
Survivors include: his love, Laura Byrns of North Platte; six children—Roy (Denise) of Mound, MN, Rita Marie (Matt) Dillon of Parker, CO, Jim Peterson of Fairplay, CO, Susan Lucero of Arvada, CO, Danny Jr. (Shelley) of Lakeland, FL, and Kathleen (Ken) Mueller of Golden, CO; five grandchildren
Memorials are suggested to the National Diabetes Association and the National Heart Association.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout