Ruth Fry, 92 - March 05, 2008
Ruth E. Fry, 92, of Farnam, died Monday, Feb. 25, 2008, at the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
A graveside memorial service was held at the Highland Cemetery at Bertrand on Thursday, Feb. 28, with the Rev. Cathi Braasch of Hope Lutheran Church of Smithfield officiating.
Fry was born on March 4, 1915, at Smithfield, to Wilbur and Canna Waln.
She was preceded in death by: her daughters—Carol (Donald) Freeman and Virginia Lee Wendland; her son, Albert Eugene Wendland.
Survivors include: her husband of 47 years, Larry; a son, Darrell (Barbara) Wendland of Council Bluffs, IA; a daughter, Iona (Rodean) Cornelsen of Johnstown, CO; 14 grandchildren, 21 great-grandchildren, three great-great-grandchildren; many nieces and nephews.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar