Walter Scott, 59 - July 23, 2008
Walter E. “Junior” Scott, 59, of Florida, formerly of Lexington area, died Monday, July 14, 2008, at Jacksonville, FL.
A private memorial service celebrating his life will be held at Gothenburg on Saturday, Aug. 2. Those wishing to visit with family members may do so at Lake Helen on Aug. 2, from 12-2 p.m.
Scott was born on Oct. 21, 1948, at Lexington. He joined the U.S. Navy in 1968, and was honorably discharged as Master Chief after serving his country for 24 years.
He had recently owned and operated his own trucking company.
Scott was preceded in death by: his father, Walter Scott, Sr.; and a brother, Ricky Scott.
Survivors include: his wife of 40 years, Caryn Rhinehart Scott, formerly of Cozad; a son, Douglas Scott of Jacksonville; a daughter, Jennifer Scott of Jacksonville; grandson, Dusty Scott of Jacksonville; his mother, Norma Jean Scott of Gothenburg; sisters—Linda Crawford of Callaway and Rhonda (Dale) Hansen of Gothenburg; brothers—John (Janice) Scott of Lexington and LeRoy (Julie) Scott of Gothenburg; numerous nieces and nephews.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout