Walter Scott, 59 - July 23, 2008
Walter E. “Junior” Scott, 59, of Florida, formerly of Lexington area, died Monday, July 14, 2008, at Jacksonville, FL.
A private memorial service celebrating his life will be held at Gothenburg on Saturday, Aug. 2. Those wishing to visit with family members may do so at Lake Helen on Aug. 2, from 12-2 p.m.
Scott was born on Oct. 21, 1948, at Lexington. He joined the U.S. Navy in 1968, and was honorably discharged as Master Chief after serving his country for 24 years.
He had recently owned and operated his own trucking company.
Scott was preceded in death by: his father, Walter Scott, Sr.; and a brother, Ricky Scott.
Survivors include: his wife of 40 years, Caryn Rhinehart Scott, formerly of Cozad; a son, Douglas Scott of Jacksonville; a daughter, Jennifer Scott of Jacksonville; grandson, Dusty Scott of Jacksonville; his mother, Norma Jean Scott of Gothenburg; sisters—Linda Crawford of Callaway and Rhonda (Dale) Hansen of Gothenburg; brothers—John (Janice) Scott of Lexington and LeRoy (Julie) Scott of Gothenburg; numerous nieces and nephews.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar