Doris Koenig, 71 - September 03, 2008
Doris J. Koenig, 71, of North Platte, died Saturday, Aug. 30, 2008, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney.
Services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 4, at the First Baptist Church in Maxwell with the Rev. Bob Allen officiating the closed-casket service. Burial will be at the Ft. McPherson National Cemetery near Maxwell.
A visitation will be held Wednesday from 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m. at Carpenter Memorial Chapel.
Koenig was born April 1, 1937, to Bruce and Virginia (Phelps) Hopkins at Weissert.
On July 17, 1954, she was united in marriage to Bob Koenig at North Platte. To this union, three daughters were born.
She was employed with Sixth Street Food Stores, now Sunmart, for 36 years.
Koenig was described as a loving wife, the greatest mother, grandmother and great-grandmother as well as a best friend, according to family members.
?She was preceded in death by: her parents, Bruce and Virginia Hopkins; a brother, Steve Hopkins; a sister, Sandra Hopkins.
?Survivors include: her husband, Bob of North Platte; her daughters—Deb (Bill) Dugger of Kearney, Betty (Marv) Mueller of Arapahoe, and Carol Koenig of Omaha; two brothers—Jim (Janie) Hopkins of Lexington and Jerry Hopkins of Callaway; five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren; sisters-in-law—Virginia (Don) Bailey, Donna (Dean) Kittle and Patty (Delbert) Mentzer.
A memorial has been established.
Online condolences may be shared with the family at www.carpentermemorial.com.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout