Shirley Gleason, 77 - October 22, 2008
Shirley Jean Gleason, 77, of Gothenburg, died on Oct. 16, 2008, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
The family has honored Shirley’s wishes to be cremated. There will be no services at this time.
She was born on June 23, 1931, to George and Ellen (Kulick) Sholtz at Guide Rock. She grew up at Guide Rock and graduated from high school at Guide Rock.
She married Lavaile Gleason on June 10, 1949, at Red Cloud. To this union two children were born: Michael and Regina.
Gleason did clerical work for the Phelps County Clerk. She lived in Guide Rock, Denver, Holdrege and Harlingen, TX, before making her home in Gothenburg.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother, Bill Sholtz.
Survivors include: daughter Regina (Robert) Lane of Gothenburg; son Mike (Judy) Gleason of Lincoln; two grandchildren—Todd (Kathy) Lane of Lincoln and Taci (Marc) Bartlett of Gothenburg; four great-grandchildren; a sister Kyla (Keith) Ely and a sister-in-law Barbara Blecha.
Online condolences may be given to the family at www.blasestrauser.com
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action