Violette Preitauer, 89 - November 12, 2008
Violette R. Preitauer, 89, a resident of Perkins Pavilion in Hastings, died Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008, at Perkins Pavilion. She was formerly of Gothenburg.
Services were held on Monday, Nov. 10, at Butler-Volland Chapel with the Rev. Michael Houlihan officiating. Burial was held at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell with the Rev. Randy Dilts officiating.
Preitauer was born on June 12, 1919, at Norman to Hans and Ruth (Johnson) Nielsen. She graduated from Minden High School.
She worked as a bookkeeper for the JM McDonald Corporation for 33 years, and then at Pamida for three years, both in Holdrege, before retiring in 1982.
On Nov. 7, 1982, she married Edward R. Preitauer at Holdrege. He preceded her in death in August of 2000.
Preitauer moved from Gothenburg to Hastings in September of 2006, residing at the Villa before moving to Perkins Pavilion.
?She was a member of the Methodist Church and the V.F.W. Auxiliary from 1982-2000, both in Gothenburg.
?Preitauer was preceded in death by: her parents, Hans and Ruth; her husband, Edward; sisters—Phyllis Labart and Ida Rhone; brother, Wesley Nielsen; nephew, Bruce Labart.
Survivors include: sisters—Gladys Gibbons of Glendale, AZ, Ruby Chism of Minden and Venla Hallberg of Hastings; 16 nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to donor’s choice. Condolences may be sent to family at: www.lbvfh.com.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout