Dorothy Gustafson, 81 - December 24, 2008
Dorothy M. Gustafson, 81, of North Platte, formerly of Gothenburg, died Thursday, Dec. 18, 2008, at Linden Court.
Mass of Christian Burial was held Monday, Dec. 22, at the Holy Spirit Catholic Church with the Rev. James Novakowski as celebrant. Burial took place at Ft. McPherson National Cemetery near Maxwell.
Gustafson was born Nov. 3, 1927, at Brady, to Joe and Olthelia “Dot” (Rubenthaler) Lindberg.
She grew up in the Wild Horse Valley area east of Brady, and also taught school in the area.
In 1950, she was united in marriage to Robert L. Gustafson at Gothenburg. The couple resided in Gothenburg until 1954 before moving to North Platte.
Gustafson was a member of the Holy Spirit Catholic Church.
She volunteered at the Great Plains Regional Medical Center, RSVP, and belonged to the Ladies of Holy Spirit.
?Gustafson was preceded in death by: her parents, Joe and Olthelia; her husband, Robert.
?Survivors include: two sons—Joe (Chris) Gustafson of Omaha and John “Gus” (Tristan) Gustafson of North Platte; a daughter, Cindy (Keith) Cotton of North Platte; five grandchildren—Tom, Terra, Johnny, Amy and Selene; seven great-grandchildren; special friend, Kay McClellen; numerous other relatives.
Online condolences may be shared with the family at www.carpentermemorial.com. Memorials are suggested to St. Patrick’s Catholic School Endowment Fund or Pawsitive Partners.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates