Roxanne Dishman, 55 - February 18, 2009
Roxanne Larae Dishman, 55, of Gothenburg died Friday, Feb. 13, 2009, at Hilltop Estates of Gothenburg.
A memorial service was held on Monday, Feb. 16, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg. Burial took place at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Dishman was born May 11, 1953, at Gothenburg, to Joseph Doyle and Ruth Joyce (LaValley) Anderson. She grew up at Brady and attended Brady High School.
She had resided in Brady and in Gothenburg, and was employed with Monroe’s.
Dishman was an avid bingo player and enjoyed playing cards, gambling with family and friends and spending time with her grandchildren, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Joseph and Ruth; and her husband.
Survivors include: her children—Adam Dishman (Brieanda Sabin), and Laura (Stacey) Stephen, all of Gothenburg; four grandchildren—Keyan Anderson, Holdan Stephen, Trevin Stephen and Summer Auld; three brothers—Mark Anderson of North Platte, Gregg (Jeannie) Anderson of Omaha, and Billy (Tiffany) of Phoenix, AZ; two sisters—Sandra (Fred) Peters of Anchorage, AK, and Linda (Burton) Slack of Gothenburg; many nieces, and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the family: 76330 Hwy. 47, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com.
Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates