Ann Louise (Wiggins) North, 72 - August 04, 2014Ann Louise (Wiggins) North, 72, of Shingle Springs, CA, originally of Gothenburg, passed away Monday, Aug. 4, 2014.
North was born Nov. 3, 1941, at Gothenburg to Ivan and Emlyn Wiggins.
She was a dedicated school teacher for 39 years, and taught at Buckeye Elementary School in Shingle Springs for 24 years.
One of her greatest joys was receiving children into her first grade class and teaching them how to read, then at the end of the year, seeing them move on knowing she had taught them, according to family members.
North was a quiet, gentle person with family being the most important to her, family members said.
Survivors include: her husband of 48 years, George North of Shingle Springs; her son, Darron (Cindi) North of Citrus Heights, CA; grandsons—Devon and Zachary North of CarMichael, CA; brothers—Theron (Cheryl) Wiggins of Salem, SC, and Timothy (Lorene) Wiggins of Lincoln.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair