Amelia Olesen, 80 - March 18, 2009
Amelia Rose Olesen, 80, of Gothenburg, died Dec. 13, 2008, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital Long Term Care facility.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, March 21, 2009, at 2 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church in Gothenburg with the Rev. Matt Coplen officiating. Inurnment will take place at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Olesen was born on Jan. 9, 1928, at Gothenburg, the youngest of three daughters of Niels and Martha Olesen.
She attended Gothenburg schools and graduated from Gothenburg High School in 1947. She lived most of her life in Gothenburg.
Olesen played the piano by ear and enjoyed singing hymns, according to family members. She will be remembered for her love of the Lord, her church, family and close friends as well as being an avid Husker fan.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Niels and Martha; two sisters—Geraldine Brueckner and Minerva Oman.
?Survivors include: her nieces—Cyndy (Gary) Robinson of Kearney, Nanette (Jeff) Beattie of Sumner and Tina (Charlie) Pountney of Minneapolis, MN; numerous other nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the First Presbyterian Church and Gothenburg Hospital Long-Term Care.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout