Amelia Olesen, 80 - March 18, 2009
Amelia Rose Olesen, 80, of Gothenburg, died Dec. 13, 2008, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital Long Term Care facility.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, March 21, 2009, at 2 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church in Gothenburg with the Rev. Matt Coplen officiating. Inurnment will take place at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Olesen was born on Jan. 9, 1928, at Gothenburg, the youngest of three daughters of Niels and Martha Olesen.
She attended Gothenburg schools and graduated from Gothenburg High School in 1947. She lived most of her life in Gothenburg.
Olesen played the piano by ear and enjoyed singing hymns, according to family members. She will be remembered for her love of the Lord, her church, family and close friends as well as being an avid Husker fan.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Niels and Martha; two sisters—Geraldine Brueckner and Minerva Oman.
?Survivors include: her nieces—Cyndy (Gary) Robinson of Kearney, Nanette (Jeff) Beattie of Sumner and Tina (Charlie) Pountney of Minneapolis, MN; numerous other nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the First Presbyterian Church and Gothenburg Hospital Long-Term Care.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics