Lillian Cooper, 103 - March 25, 2014Lillian Cooper, 103, of Scottsdale, AZ, originally of Gothenburg, passed away Tuesday, March 25, 2014.
Family members are planning a private service to take place at a later date.
Cooper was born Dec. 13, 1910, to Elizabeth and Jurgen Aden, and grew up in Gothenburg.
In 1932, she was united in marriage to Jim Cooper. The couple resided at Omaha, and to this union, two children were born, a son and a daughter.
In 1947, the family moved to Marshalltown, IA. Although Scottdale was her permanent home, she enjoyed going back to Iowa and spending time at Clear Lake and Marshalltown with family and friends, said family members.
Cooper was a member of PEO and was a golfer and a bowler. She enjoyed a variety of crafts, according to family members. She also loved life, laughter and country living.
She is survived by: her son, Bob Cooper of San Marcos, TX; her daughter, Lu Schell of Clear Lake, IA; nine grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren; relatives, Liz Hecox Johnson and family of Laramie, WY.
Surviving relatives of Gothenburg are: Keith Aden, Roger Aden, Rodney Aden, Jim Hecox and Laura Black and families.
Memorials are suggested to Quakerdale, P.O. Box 8, New Providence, IA 50206, or to donor’s choice.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president