Robert Clayton Putnam, Sr., 87 - March 09, 2014Robert Clayton Putnam, Sr., 87, of California, originally of Gothenburg, passed away Sunday, March 9, 2014.
Services took place on Saturday, March 15, at the First United Methodist Church in Escondido, CA.
Putnam was born Oct. 6, 1926, at Gothenburg to William Edgar and Dora Putnam.
He served with the U.S. Navy from 1944 to 1946, and worked at Pyramid Granite Company for over 30 years before retiring in 1988.
Putnam was preceded in death by: his parents, Dora and William Edgar; a brother, Reginald Putnam; sisters—Ethel Kaufman and Darlene Kenney.
Survivors include: his wife of 61 years, Norma; sons—Robert (Shirley) Clayton, Jr. and William (Daina) Kenneth; grandchildren—Amy, Robert (Naomi), Billy, Grace, Jon and David; great-grandchildren—Silas, Eli and Finnley; sisters—Phyllis Lange and Carol Seymour.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST