Robert Clayton Putnam, Sr., 87 - March 09, 2014Robert Clayton Putnam, Sr., 87, of California, originally of Gothenburg, passed away Sunday, March 9, 2014.
Services took place on Saturday, March 15, at the First United Methodist Church in Escondido, CA.
Putnam was born Oct. 6, 1926, at Gothenburg to William Edgar and Dora Putnam.
He served with the U.S. Navy from 1944 to 1946, and worked at Pyramid Granite Company for over 30 years before retiring in 1988.
Putnam was preceded in death by: his parents, Dora and William Edgar; a brother, Reginald Putnam; sisters—Ethel Kaufman and Darlene Kenney.
Survivors include: his wife of 61 years, Norma; sons—Robert (Shirley) Clayton, Jr. and William (Daina) Kenneth; grandchildren—Amy, Robert (Naomi), Billy, Grace, Jon and David; great-grandchildren—Silas, Eli and Finnley; sisters—Phyllis Lange and Carol Seymour.
- Born in a hollow
- GMH prepares for Wellness Fair next week
- Music students receive top ratings at district contest Friday
- Council says ‘no’ to rebuilt fence
- Science Olympians 10th at state
- Riley wins 3200 run in JV invite
- Swede girls are competitive at Bader Invitational
- Reserve girls sweep sprints and relays