Norma Les Beck, 95 - March 02, 2014Norman “Les” Beck, 95, of Farnam passed away Sunday, March 2, 2014, with his son Larry Beck, daughter Cathy Straughan and son-in-law Ron Straughan, at his side.
A memorial service will be conducted on May 24, at 10 a.m., Memorial Day weekend, at the United Methodist Church, 303 Caribou St., Farnam, NE 69029, with a reception to follow. Interment of cremains will take place at the Farnam Cemetery.
Beck was a decorated World War II United States Navy veteran.
He was employed as the town maintenance man in Farnam for several years, and also organized many local jam session at Cozad.
Beck is survived by numerous family members.
In lieu of flowers, family suggests contributions be made to donor’s choice church.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president