Norma Les Beck, 95 - March 02, 2014Norman “Les” Beck, 95, of Farnam passed away Sunday, March 2, 2014, with his son Larry Beck, daughter Cathy Straughan and son-in-law Ron Straughan, at his side.
A memorial service will be conducted on May 24, at 10 a.m., Memorial Day weekend, at the United Methodist Church, 303 Caribou St., Farnam, NE 69029, with a reception to follow. Interment of cremains will take place at the Farnam Cemetery.
Beck was a decorated World War II United States Navy veteran.
He was employed as the town maintenance man in Farnam for several years, and also organized many local jam session at Cozad.
Beck is survived by numerous family members.
In lieu of flowers, family suggests contributions be made to donor’s choice church.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics