John Slack, 56 - February 05, 2014John Forrest Slack, 56, of Seward, originally of Gothenburg, passed away Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014, at Seward.
Slack was born Jan. 31, 1958, at Gothenburg, the son of Sanford John and Ione Betty (Grunden) Slack.
He attended school at Gothenburg, and was united in marriage to Paula Ann Schneider on Dec. 19, 1975, at Cozad. To this union, four children were born.
In 1985, Slack and his family moved to Seward where he formed Slack Construction and Door Company.
Besides woodworking, he loved hunting, fishing and camping as well as time with his grandchildren, according to family members.
Slack was preceded in death by his father, Sanford in 1985.
Survivors include: his children—Jeremiah Slack of Gothenburg, Amy (Scott) Rathjen of Seward, Sherri Slack (Rick) Craig of Bee, and Lindsay (John) Westman of Central City; his mother, Ione B. Jensen of Kearney; grandchildren—Toby Nordmeyer, Ryan Craig and Cadance Craig, all of Bee, Cortney Rathjen, Derek Rathjen, Devyn Rathjen and Kelsey Bruns, all of Seward, Porter Slack and Hayley Slack of Gothenburg, Kiersten Hansen and Rowan Westman, both of Central City; his sisters and brothers-in-law—Janice (Don) Gaudreault of North Platte, Diane (Bruce) Johnson of Eaton, CO, and Sandy (Neil) Hawley of Garden City, KS; nieces and nephews—Betty, Mark, Tony, James, Lori, Dustin and Bill; numerous other family members.
- Avenue I to get more sidewalk
- Wellness Center decision after budget workshop
- Airport Authority wants board member removed
- Eagle football looks to repeat last year’s success
- Rural Poll finds insights on rural Nebraskans’ activism
- Soybean farmers observe, evaluate work of checkoff
- District 20 enrollment creeps up
- Coaches remain confident after 15-4 loss to McCook