Lois Merrell, 41 - December 30, 2013Lois Danielle Merrell, 41, of Omaha, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, at her home.
A celebration of life service took place at Becker-Hunt Funeral Home in South Sioux City on Jan. 4, 2014. At her request, the body was cremated.
Merrell was born May 11, 1972, at Glendale, AZ, to John and Sally Merrell.
During her growing-up years, she resided at Gothenburg and graduated from Puyallup High School in Puyallup, WA.
She attended Clover Park Technical College at Tacoma, WA, and was employed as a medical lab tech.
Merrell was preceded in death by: her grandparents, Bill and Madeline Belk, Dick and Nancy Merrell.
Survivors include: her parents, John and Sally of Dakota City; sisters—Kerry (Paul) Dudley of Onawa, IA, and Nancy Merrell of Tacoma; a brother, Greg (Jenny) Merrell of Azelea, OR; nieces—Bethany and Alex Dudley; nephews—LJ Dudley and Turner Merrell; numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
Memorials are suggested to the family.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST