Ilene Joyce Koch, 81 - August 21, 2013Ilene Joyce (Pfeiffer) Koch, 81, of Missouri, originally of Gothenburg area, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, at her home.
Services were conducted on Monday, Aug. 26, at the Day Funeral Home in Marshfield, MO.
Koch was born to Oswald F. Pfeiffer and Dorothy M. (Niederberger) Pfeiffer on March 1, 1932, at Frontier County.
She graduated from Arapahoe High School in 1950 before teaching school for several years.
On Nov. 27, 1955, she married Clarence T. Koch. To this union, three daughters were born.
Koch and her family resided on a farm along the Platte River near Gothenburg.
In 1980, they moved to Phillipsburg, MO, Then left in 1987 to Scottsdale, AZ, but decided to return to Missouri in 1997, retiring near Conway.
Survivors include: her husband, Clarence; her three daughters—Joyce, Shirley and Judith; two sisters—Gladys Shafer and Mildred Post; a brother, Merle Pfeiffer; numerous nieces and nephews.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are suggested to the Conway Memorial Library and the Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics