Levi Haswell, 69 - August 17, 2013Ivan “Levi” Eugene Haswell, 69, of Bradford, IA, formerly of Arnold, died suddenly while visiting at Napa, ID, on Saturday, Aug. 17, 2013.
Services will be conducted on Monday, Aug. 26, at 11 a.m. at the Baptist Church, 101 E. Seventh Ave., at Arnold.
Haswell was born Aug. 2, 1944, at Merna to Margaret (Whipple) and Russell Haswell.
He grew up at Arnold where he worked on the new school house and enjoyed spending time with his friends, according to family.
After moving to Colorado in 1963, he became a heavy equipment operator specializing in backhoe operation, honing his skills to eventually becoming a building site supervisor. He worked the construction trade from Colorado to Texas and to Oklahoma.
In 1988, he became a truck driver and eventually owned and operated his own truck until he retired in 2006.
Haswell was married to his first wife, Sandra, for 15 years. To this union, three children were born. The couple were later divorced.
He then married his second wife
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.