Darlene Larson, 61 - August 13, 2013Darlene L. Larson, 61, of Gothenburg passed away Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital following a battle with cancer.
Services will take place at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel on Saturday, Aug. 17, at 10 a.m. with Dr. Jeff Thurman officiating. Interment will be at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
A visitation will be conducted at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Friday, Aug. 16, from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Larson was born Nov. 20, 1951, at Drayton, ND, the daughter of Clyde and Elizabeth Lorenzen.
On June 18, 1970, she was united in marriage to Douglas Larson at St. Thomas, ND. To this union, four daughters were born.
She was employed as a CNA at Slack Nursing Home and Hilltop Estates in Gothenburg.
Larson loved spending time with her grandchildren and attending games and activities, family members said.
She was preceded in death by: her daughter, Dawn Matthies; her parents, Clyde and Elizabeth; three sisters—Shirley Feltman, Delphine Osterdyk and R
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30