Darlene Larson, 61 - August 13, 2013Darlene L. Larson, 61, of Gothenburg passed away Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital following a battle with cancer.
Services will take place at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel on Saturday, Aug. 17, at 10 a.m. with Dr. Jeff Thurman officiating. Interment will be at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
A visitation will be conducted at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Friday, Aug. 16, from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Larson was born Nov. 20, 1951, at Drayton, ND, the daughter of Clyde and Elizabeth Lorenzen.
On June 18, 1970, she was united in marriage to Douglas Larson at St. Thomas, ND. To this union, four daughters were born.
She was employed as a CNA at Slack Nursing Home and Hilltop Estates in Gothenburg.
Larson loved spending time with her grandchildren and attending games and activities, family members said.
She was preceded in death by: her daughter, Dawn Matthies; her parents, Clyde and Elizabeth; three sisters—Shirley Feltman, Delphine Osterdyk and R
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action