Rodney Parrish, 63 - August 02, 2013Rodney Parrish, 63, of Gothenburg died Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, at home with his wife by his side.
A visitation will take place at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Tuesday, Aug. 6, from 1 to 8 p.m.
Memorial services will be conducted at Victory Assembly of God on Wednesday, Aug. 7, at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Mark Borchardt officiating.
Parrish was born Feb. 25, 1950, at Detroit, MI, son of Jesse Warvie and Viola Parrish.
He was united in marriage to Mae Swindle on Aug. 30, 1978, at Las Vegas, NV.
Parrish proudly served his country with the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War 1967-69.
He was employed numerous years as an over-the-road truck driver.
Parrish was proud of his Cherokee heritage and enjoyed fishing, working on cars and was a well-known computer geek, according to family members.
He was preceded in death by: his father, Jesse Warvie; his mother, Viola Parrish.
Survivors include: his wife, Mae Swindle of Gothenburg; three daughters—Lori Zimmerman, Cara M. Warvie and MaeLynn Westbrook; four sons—Jesse L. Warvie, James D. Stevens, Rodney L. Parrish, Jr., and Wayne H. Parrish; 23 grandchildren; numerous extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the Victory Assembly of God, 2611 Lake Ave., Gothenburg, NE 69138.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair