Responding to the other half
Written by Neil A. Davis, Gothenburg Thursday, 15 March 2012 13:16
Although Joe Knoedler has presented another installment of his respect for my point of view, I have not finished responding to his first letter.
In my last letter, I left off halfway through his statement, “In case you haven’t noticed the Republican Party preaching about liberty and the pursuit of happiness, yet they refuse to let women have the right to choose, let people choose who they should marry, refuse the basic right to healthcare to millions of Americans, and to close our borders and keep innovation out of America.”
I’m guessing he thinks closing our borders and keeping innovation out are not things Republicans refuse to let happen, but things they want to do. Not being an English major myself, it took some effort to work through his assault on basic sentence structure. Republicans do want to close the borders to terrorists, criminals, drug smugglers and freeloaders—not to innovation as he suggests. After all, wasn’t it the illegal alien Dr. Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa who single-handedly transformed the American medical profession? Polls show that 75% of the voting public see the damage Obamacare is already doing to health care and want it changed. The Supreme Court will be deciding on it’s constitutionality this summer. I’m not going to beat a dying horse.
He wrote that these supposed refusals by Republicans sound like “...something a fascist dictator would do...” It’s not apparent that he knows the definition of fascism. Fascist tendencies are what Obama used to nationalize General Motors and Chrysler. While Obama lies about GM’s big comeback, it still owes $25 billion to U.S. taxpayers and has now sunk $400 million into the French car company PSA Peugeot Citroen which is “drowning in red ink.” How about the Bamster’s hot selling Chevy Volt? Production was halted at the same time he was upping the tax subsidy to $10,000. People don’t even want to buy them when their neighbors are chipping in 25% of the cost! Smells like the billion$ we lost in Solyndra and all the other green energy company failures. Analysts can’t believe anyone could be this incompetent. The only other explanation is that Obama is intentionally trying to destroy the economy. There is plenty of evidence to support that theory.
Knoedler asks “What is wrong with giving people...fair taxes...?” Is it fair when the “recipient class” (47-49%) does not pay any income tax but receives benefits that in many cases the “payer class” can’t take advantage of? Obama’s spewing of class warfare and promoting the food stamp program builds up the Democrat voter base. Pure democracy is the ability of 51% of voters to raise taxes on the other 49%. This is the reason the founders gave us a republic not a democracy. Read James Madison’s Federalist No. 10 (www.constitution.org/fed/federa10.htm) and don’t let liberal educators tell your children otherwise (minds into mush).