Golfers struggle at McCook; Swedes finish sixth
McCOOK—Gothenburg golfers struggled on the difficult Heritage Hills Golf Course at McCook on Friday.
The Swedes finished sixth of seven teams at the McCook Invite with a total of 506.
“It was particularly difficult for Elizabeth (Graham), Haley (Scheidt) and Jourdan (Matthies) because they played the previous day at Kearney,” said coach Jim Henke.
Graham shot the Swedes’ low score at 111 and tied the score for 10th place but she missed out on the medal.
McCook won on the Bison’s home course carding 389 and Minden finished second with 406.
Allie Exstrom of Minden was the individual winner with a score of 92.
Henke said freshman Heidi Teahon was thrown into varsity competition on one of the toughest courses around.
“She said it got better on the second nine when she started to relax,” Henke said.
The Swedes play only once this week traveling Friday to North Platte. The meet at Iron Eagle begins at 9 a.m.
1. McCook 389; 2. Minden 406; 3. Ogallala 449; 4. Holdrege 462; 5. Lexington 479; 6. Gothenburg 506; 7. Dundy County 533.
TOP 10 GOLFERS
1. Allie Exstrom, Minden 92
2. Morgan Christensen, Minden 95
3. Shelby Allen, McCook 95
4. Megan Rokusek, McCook 96
5. Laynee Woodward, Minden 97
6. Alex Trew, McCook 97
7. Abrea Hernandez, Lexington 100
8. Kaylee Samway, McCook 101
9. Jacque Hager, McCook 110
10. Kayla Kintz, Ogallala 111
Elizabeth Graham 57-54—111
Jourdan Matthies 59-63—122
Haley Scheidt 68-68—136
Heidi Teahon 72-65—137
Brittany Ostergard 77-73—150
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together