Horn second at spelling bee
Brady sixth-grader Jada Horn finished in second place in her age division at the Lincoln County Spelling Bee in North Platte on Feb. 11.
Nearly 80 students in fifth through eighth grades competed from 18 county schools.
Students first competed at their individual grade level, with the top two students from each grade advancing to the championship.
The top two overall winners, both from Sutherland, will go on to compete at the Midwest Spelling Bee in Omaha on March 13.
Brady spelling bee contestants were fifth graders Emily Brown and Joya Most, sixth graders Horn and Steph Black, seventh graders Trevor Mann and Sidney Pride and eighth graders Carissa Rayburn and Austin Widick.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price